11‏/12‏/2009

Poll: Video Game Exercise and Our Children

أكمل المقال

Poll: Video Game Exercise and Our Children

fun-exercise-bike.jpg

The folks at Nintendo really came up with a marketing genius when they developed Wii with all its exercise based games.

They've basically given overweight people an excuse to spend more hours in front of the TV screen in the name of exercise. Now with the FXB (Fun Xercise Bike) overweight children can ride through a virtual world of fitness.

What ever happened to fresh air and riding real bikes outside? Why does every aspect of life need to be centered around the magic glowing box?

I'm all for motivating kids to exercise more, but I'm not sure the FXB is the right course to take. When I was a kid my real bike became a spaceship, a race car, a motorcycle, and even a boat all via my imagination and creativity. Are we stealing this ability from our children by encouraging them to live in a virtual world where the imagination isn't needed?

What do you think? Participate in the poll and comment below.


هناك تعليق واحد

  1. Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs
    use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code
    with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Also visit my homepage : Physical Exercise Kids Worksheet

    ردحذف