4‏/9‏/2009

Ain’t nothing like a calve muscle burn…

أكمل المقال

treadmill

I have been hobbling around all morning thanks to my trainer. I did a GAZILLION calve lifts yesterday and of course I was completely ok throughout the day, but when I got up this morning I almost hit the floor. I have had random muscles really sore the next few days, but nothing prepared me for this. I am not sure if I was overworked, or if this is a completely normal part of the process, but I have been limping down hallways and up stairs all morning.

I guess the no pain, no gain is partially right. I don’t know whether to continue to stretch the muscle or stay off of it. I have been searching for information, but every site has conflicting information, so who do I trust. I think that is the worst part of my training session. At least with Seth, I learned a lot about the Anatomy of the muscles and how to protect them. My new trainer just pushes and pushes and does stretching, but I don’t learn anything and I feel too intimidated to even ask him.

I guess I just need a good coach. Someone that goes beyond personal training. I know I have been harping on this subject for several posts, but it is scary to not know what to do. I want the best person to help, but I never know what to look for or what to expect. Every trainer/coach will be different, so it is just luck to find the right one I guess.

I will remain with Peak until the end of September when my contract runs out. After that, the fam will be joining the Y and I will look for a different trainer. I think this time I will be more patient to choose someone that I think will work well for me. I am getting to the point where it is critical to instill good form and habits and choosing the best person for that is important. I appreciate all the response I have gotten so far. The advice has been wonderful.

For now I am just going to try and walk and hopefully later today do some cardio that doesn’t involve me skipping or hopping about. My muscles are angry at me and are making me pay for it now. It is about time I woke them up to tell them that it is time for them to pull more than just my fat____. It is time for me to start using them to walk, run, jog, play, hike, etc. It is time for them to live and not just exist. That was a weird tangent to hit, but true. Have a great day.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق